The purpose of the Innovation Audit is to discover the exact strengths and weaknesses of your organization’s innovation processes and practices, and to determine the best ways to improve your performance.
The audit is organized around InnovationLabs’ innovation management framework, the Innovation Master Plan. The Master Plan has been developed by working with hundreds of companies around the world, helping them to address critical innovation issues across the entire scope of innovation practice, from strategic thinking and portfolio management to the innovation process, the innovation culture, marketing, and sales.
The Innovation Audit has two primary objectives:
- Expert Insights: It provides you with an expert’s detailed assessment of your organization’s current innovation practices and processes so you’ll know what’s working and what needs to be improved. We examine both the critical quantitative and qualitative factors, giving you a comprehensive view of your organizations current capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Best Practices: We’ll recommend the best and most effective ways to bring your innovation performance to a much higher level, including the Top 10 Action Steps, and 15 – 25 additional improvement opportunities to help you overcome innovation barriers, enhance your competitive edge in the market, and engage your entire team in implementing the key steps to quickly improve your innovation practices.
We address the most critical technical factors behind innovation performance, as well as the hidden cultural and behavioral issues that shape the human response to innovation and change.
The Innovation Audit Will Examine
- 7 Technical Factors that are Critical to Innovation Performance
- Alignment of Strategy & Innovation
- Innovation Portfolio Management
- Research Process Assessment
- Innovation Development
- Alignment with Sales
- Innovation Metrics & Rewards
- Infrastructure Assessment
- 7 Tacit & Cultural Factors that shape your organization’s Innovation Capacity
- Innovation Culture Assessment
- Creativity Assessment
Comprehensive Audit Results
What You Receive:
- A Detailed Innovation Audit Report of your entire innovation practice by world-class innovation experts. Typically 75 – 125 pages long.
- Comprehensive diagnosis of your practice, tools, and methods.
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses.
- A Customized Master Plan including the top 10 improvements you should implement first.
- Recommendations highlighting 15 – 25 additional key Improvement Opportunities.
- A private Executive Briefing for your senior team.
- A half or full day Innovation Workshop to engage your entire organization in understanding and immediately implementing your
- A Draft Innovation Master Plan.
Typical Table of Contents
- Introduction & Overview
- Executive Summary
- Top 10 Actions Summary
- Competitive Landscape & Key Industry Trends
- Innovation & Strategy Assessment
- Leadership Assessment
- Key Obstacles & Enablers Assessment
- Innovation Research & Targeting
- Innovation Process Assessment
- Innovation Culture & Attitudes Assessment
- Organizational Development for Innovation
- Needed Creativity Boosters
- Innovation Pipeline and Portfolio Assessment
- Innovation Infrastructure Assessment
- Open Innovation Strategies & Resources
- Comprehensive Action Plan
- Additional Recommendations
- Appendix A – Detailed Survey Results
- Appendix B – Interview Transcripts
Use the Innovation Audit as the first step in Creating Your Own Innovation Master Plan.